The Haute One

The Embodiment of Haute Soul. Period.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Haute New Line Alert...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ashley S. Drapes~


As I was snooping around the net seeking out hot new accessories (as I often do), I happened across this FAB new line of unique earrings. These "drapes" are fresh, light, unique, and perfect xmas gifts for the girls. Read on to learn more about the designer, and support her!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


ABOUT Ashley S.: Ashley Scott is a Fashion Design major at the Illinois Institute of Art in Chicago: I was really into fine art when I started designing, and I loved to paint and sketch. I was an Art Education major at Chicago State University.
I began making earrings for myself because I adore big earrings, but they’re always so heavy and they stretch your ears. I wanted to make earrings that were dramatic, but still light. I started making them for myself and girls were asking where I got them from, so I started selling them and my line was born, Ashley S. Drapes, earrings by Ashley S.
Sewing is in my family and has been passed down; my mom is a designer, so it was just natural for me to love fashion. I transferred to the Art Institute and realized fashion is where I belonged.

HER INSPIRATIONS: I’m inspired by anyone who fights for their dreams; the history of my family inspires me because I have found that they were all creative. I love London street fashion, anything eclectic, and I love Dorothy Dandridge. I’m also inspired by Art, anything edgy, other cultures, and it’s expressed through my earring designs.


THE HARDEST PART OF DRESSING: The hardest part of dressing for me is finding shoes to go with …I’m not really a shoe person, but I’m starting to be because I adore ankle boots.

WHERE I WANT MY LINE TO GO: I want my earring line to become an underground legend, I want every girl in the world to know about them and I definitely want to inspire young people to follow their dreams in the process.
YOU CAN PICK UP ASHLEY S. DRAPES AT
FAT RABBIT BOUTIQUE
1112 W.18TH ST.
(Between Halsted and Damen)
CHICAGO, IL


Support her! MUAH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im jus here 2show a lovely lady of mine some support. ashley s earrings are dope and i know your gonna go far huni, keep doing yor thing, cant wait 2 c yor name and your earrings in lights
kisses from london x x x